Creating a framework to assess and measure Nature-related risk.
- Article 1.Create Sustainable Industries
- Article 2.Default Sustainable
- Article 3.The Power of Consumers
- Article 4.Accelerate & Align Industry Roadmaps
- Article 5.Game Changers & Barriers
- Article 6.Sustainable Investing at Scale
- Article 7.Nature – the true engine of our economy
- Article 8.Create Market Incentives
- Article 9.Adopt Common Metrics & Standards
- Article 10.Catalyse Science, Technology & Innovation
Nature - The True Engine of our Economy
Climate change, land-use, food production and human health are all deeply interconnected. Transforming the land sector towards more sustainable practices could contribute an estimated 30% of the global mitigation needed by 2050 to deliver on the 1.5˚C target.
By any measure Nature’s contribution to the global economy is significant and some estimates hold it at greater than annual global GDP, estimated at $87.79 Trillion in 2019. Building conservation and Nature-based solutions into our asset base and supply chains can, therefore, offer significant economic growth opportunities for countries and businesses alike – including in areas such as the circular bioeconomy, ecotourism and green public infrastructure.
It is time to define the benefits we derive from the natural world and account for Natural Capital on companies’ balance sheets. Without this, organisations cannot tell the true value of their asset base, nor how damaging their operations may be.
Measures of success include:
- Natural asset value and benefits framework established
- Natural Capital included on company balance sheet
- Natural Capital funds established
Launched at COP26, focused on decarbonisation of the global healthcare system.VISIT WEBSITE
The Alliance provides knowledge-informed support as well as a learning and networking platform to connect the dots between investors, companies, governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities to advance the circular bioeconomy while restoring biodiversity globallyVISIT WEBSITE
Invited some of the world's most talented design students to design high-impact, low-cost solutions for Nature, people and planetVISIT WEBSITE