How banks are supporting industry to make important decisions on the transition to net-zero.
- Article 1.Create Sustainable Industries
- Article 2.Default Sustainable
- Article 3.The Power of Consumers
- Article 4.Accelerate & Align Industry Roadmaps
- Article 5.Game Changers & Barriers
- Article 6.Sustainable Investing at Scale
- Article 7.Nature – the true engine of our economy
- Article 8.Create Market Incentives
- Article 9.Adopt Common Metrics & Standards
- Article 10.Catalyse Science, Technology & Innovation
Accelerate & Align Industry Roadmaps
It is time for businesses, industries, investors and countries alike to design and implement how they will decarbonize and transition to net zero while restoring and protecting Natural Capital. Moving together, with clear roadmaps, will create efficiencies and economies of scale that will allow us to leapfrog our collective progress and accelerate our transition.
Using a ‘future of industry and future of economy’ approach, each of the main sectors of the economy, together with the global financial institutions, institutional investors and asset managers, need to outline publicly accessible roadmaps that identify the steps to net-zero along with plans for the protection and restoration of Natural Capital and biodiversity. After all, we know that it is not a lack of capital that is impeding our progress, but how we deploy it.
Measures of success include:
- Industry-wide benchmark and metrics established
- Industry-level net-zero roadmap established
- Industry-level investment in Natural Capital achieved
28 companies pledge to accelerate use of decarbonized hydrogen at COP26 (one quarter of the decarbonization potential for hydrogen by 2030, as estimated by the Hydrogen Council)Visit Website
The SMI Sustainability 30 (S30) convenes the world’s top Chief Sustainability Officers to accelerate business action, sustainable transformation and knowledge sharing across industries.Visit Website