The world’s first TV certified as a carbon-neutral product.
- Article 1.Create Sustainable Industries
- Article 2.Default Sustainable
- Article 3.The Power of Consumers
- Article 4.Accelerate & Align Industry Roadmaps
- Article 5.Game Changers & Barriers
- Article 6.Sustainable Investing at Scale
- Article 7.Nature – the true engine of our economy
- Article 8.Create Market Incentives
- Article 9.Adopt Common Metrics & Standards
- Article 10.Catalyse Science, Technology & Innovation
The Power of Consumers
With consumers controlling an estimated 60% of global GDP, people around the world have the power to drive the transformation to sustainable markets. Yet, we cannot expect consumers to make sustainable choices if these choices are not clearly laid before them. As consumers increasingly demand sustainable products, they deserve to be told more about product lifecycles, supply chains and production methods.
For a transition to take place, being socially and environmentally conscious cannot only be for those who can afford it. If all the true costs are taken into account, including the cost to Nature, being socially and environmentally responsible should be the least expensive option because it leaves the smallest footprint behind. We must communicate better with consumers about the sustainability of the goods, services and investments we offer.
Measures of success include:
- Customers informed on all aspects of Nature, people and planet impact of products and supply chains
- Value created in business model and affordable for consumer
- Sustainable Nature, people and planet embedded into the customer journey
Related Case Studies
The Fashion Task Force is committed to being leaders and exemplars to the global fashion, textile and apparel sectors, working to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable future.VISIT WEBSITE
Creating a form of QR code that allows consumers to access information about the supply chain and materials used, how the product can be resold or recycled and reduce landfill.Visit Website
"It's Up to Us" tells the story of the Terra Carta charter in a way that will appeal to younger people, and potentially have an even greater impact, because today’s children are the executives of tomorrow.FIND OUT MORE